Savored Moments

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Finally phfinished - The Tea Bag

Seems today was a good day to finish this bag. I started it for myself as a test pattern. Retail had my attention early in the spring, as I looked for a bag, but nothing suited me. Actually I liked several, but my budget doesn't allow for a spring/summer bag priced well over $300.00. So, I decided, I could design my own and be satisfied. I didn't want to waste money on the initial design so I used things already in my stash.




My red fabric was bought sometime in the 80's. The tea pots and cups was a roll of border fabric I was given a couple of years ago. I had made a purse that turned out more like a weekender last year and had an extra snap. Still it needed pizzazz.

I love my embroidery machine. Found a lovely set of redwork cups and teapots on this site: www.sewterific.com



Then I added a couple of layers of plastic canvas in the bottom to provide support. It has 6 outside pockets. Just right for my diverse tea binges. Still. . .I have a lot of "stuff", so I made portable pockets to organize the inside of my bag. BUT, I think this is the final version. This may fit in the skill category.

whipup

5 Comments:

  • Great detail on the tea cup embroidery. I love redwork, this is a clever idea for using it on something fresh. Great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

  • I love the idea of a 'tea' bag!!!

    By Blogger julie, at 11:52 PM  

  • I really like your bag too! The idea of using plastic canvas for stiffening the base is brillant. Nice combination of fabric and detail.

    By Blogger Heather, at 1:17 PM  

  • Your tote is wonderful. definitely skill involved. I like many of the designs on that embroidery site - which is a rare find. thanks

    By Blogger Margaret McDonald, at 4:46 AM  

  • I think your design beats a $300 designer bag any day! Nice work.

    By Blogger Funky Finds, at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home