Savored Moments

Monday, June 12, 2006

Surprise visitor

Occasionally another animal shows up at our house. (See tongue in cheek here - LOL) Yesterday was no exception. A lot of cleaning was being done and trips were being made back and forth through the house. On one trip, I noticed a lovely black and white tom cat sitting on the car and looking in the window from inside the garage. We do have a dog door to the outside, but it is usually guarded and most strange animals are not confident enough to challenge. I opened the garage door and started out to investigate. Of course, he ran away. So, I went out to see where he went and he had stopped part way down the drive. He meowed, I responded and he decided to chance it and started toward me, meowing.

He is very pretty and very battered and starving. He allowed me to pet him and examine him, purring and hissing all the while. I gave him some dry food and he took off.

Later that night he came back and did the same hissing and purring while my daughter looked him over. Very strange kitty! She gave him three cans of food and he chowed down till he was belching with every other breath! Guess he is ours now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home